Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wellness Wednesday....Zumba!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!





If you are anything at all like me you woke up this morning cleaned out the fridge.... threw away all of the Holiday treats, goodies, and comfort food, and made a promise to yourself to loose weight and be a sexy bride! :)

Well I know that is exactly what I did!!! 2 weeks ago my Amazing boyfriend asked me to marry him.... Everything at that point became complete and I am starting the journey of planning the wedding, and spending the rest of my life with my very best friend! :)

As I have said before I too cheat on my  healthy lifestyle and eat a cookie or 2. This Holiday season I ate every single cookie in sight... Yummy... But bad idea for this bride to be. So I am on my health kick and looking ahead to my wedding in just 6 short months. I know the keys to success in a healthy diet but exercise is something I need to force myself to do. I am not a fan of the gym, I do have a membership and go with my Fiance' but I don't love the process. 5 years ago I found a solution to this gym rut. I was at a local gym and couldn't help but dance to the beats I was hearing from across the way. I finished my set of arms and walked to the doorway.... It was a ZUMBA class. I watched these people dance and it looked like so much fun... but scary to learn! I loved the idea of working out while dancing your butt off... but I didn't know where to begin. I would never walk into a class where everyone knew the moves and I would look like a fool.... well this was my first really bad thought. ;)



I watched this class for a few weeks. I would plan my workout so I could take a peek in... One day I finally got up the courage and decided to take a Zumba class. I told the instructor it was my first and she promised I would fall in love in just one hour. She said not to care about getting the moves right... to unlock my mind and my body would follow.... Boy was she right. 55 minutes later I fell in love with Zumba and I was hooked! I became an instructor a few months later and the rest is history.

The reason I am telling you my story is because I am well aware this is the thought of many first time zumba lovers. I let my class know I am here for you... Talk to me and tell me what you like, need a refresher on, and what you want to hear or dance to in the next class. We all have become one big happy Zumba family.

Zumba is an exhilarating, effective, easy-to-follow, Latin-inspired, calorie-burning dance fitness-party that’s moving millions of people toward joy and health. http://www.zumba.com/about There are many types of Zumba as well.... Zumba, Zumba Gold, Zumba Toning, Zumbatomics, Aqua Zumba, and Sentao. Take a look the site and learn about each type of Zumba and which one is best for you!!!



Zumba is just amazing! You will burn anywhere from 500-1000 calories in just one hour, but the best part is you wont even know you are working out! The more you Zumba the better you learn your instructors and the moves.... the more calories you will burn!

One of the best things about the Zumba revolution is its just about everywhere. I am certain anywhere you travel you will see a zumba sign or find a class taking place. Zumba is worldwide and made for everyone. Beto the founder has worked very hard to make this phenomenon what it is. He wants everyone to love zumba, benefit from the results, but most importantly party and have fun.

If going to a class isn't for you... You can order the DVDs or even play this fitness game on Wii or Xbox. I am not joking when I say its everywhere. I am confident you will love Zumba and you will shed the pounds while dancing your cares away.

I encourage you future Brides- to - be... and anyone looking for a healthy lifestyle change in the New Year to try a Zumba class. You will fall in love!!!! If you need help finding a class in your area, follow this link below and just punch in your area code!!! :) http://www.zumba.com/en-US/parties/search/




I look forward to hearing from you and your thoughts on this fun and exciting fitness program. I can't wait to Zumba today!!!!!! :)

xoxo Lindsay :)


http://www.inc.com/articles/2010/05/zumba-fitness-entrepreneurs.html http://www.doeszumbawork.com/

http://allday.today.com/_news/2011/08/03/7239400-thousands-join-kathie-lee-hoda-for-massive-zumba-workout?lite





No comments:

Post a Comment