Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day


This week, I am spending some good quality time with the Ogilvies in Vail, Colorado. Since I as away from home I thought maybe I'd be able to avoid the whole "alone on V-Day" thing, but I was completely wrong. 

Silly me!

What could be more romantic than snow covered mountains, almost hourly flurries, and heart shaped ice sculptures here and there throughout Vail Village?


The girls and I took a walk and saw the sweetest elderly couple holding hands. The girls draw a lot of attention, because they are just so adorable, and we ended up talking to the couple. The gentleman, Russell, had proposed to his wife, Georgia, 75 years ago to the date. It was unbelievably sweet seeing love like that stand the test of time. 

The surprises for the day were far from over. The resort that we are staying at has a great desk staff. As I was taking the girls back in for lunch, we ran into our concierge. She knew I was in the industry and offered to let me take a peek at a suite that they had just finished preparing for a guy who is planning on proposing this evening over dinner. After I was on my time off, I ventured down to the room. I was blown away. The room had down-lighting with pinks and purples. The hotel was nice enough to provide complimentary champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries. The heart of rose petals was icing on the cake. It was a perfect reminder of just how special and intimate love is....especially when there are chocolate- covered strawberries involved!




Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

xoxo
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment