Friday, October 5, 2012

Jolts of Emotion. Glimpses of Joy


As a wedding planner and coordinator, I know that everything runs like clock work on a couples big day. Everything has to. The florist has dropped the flowers at the hotels at exactly 12 and 12:30, the baker delivered the cake to the venue at 2:15, the makeup artist finished her work at 2:30, and the limo is scheduled to arrive in 1 minute and 45 seconds. 
With every detail of the day mapped out to the second, sometimes it takes a jolt of emotion, a reminder that the day we planned and are executing isn't routine and tangible  but a miracle and something remarkable in its own making. For me, these "emotion" jolts occur in the blink of an eye. They are a glimmer of the wonder and majesty of the day itself and the start of a lifetime. 
The first of these was rarely ever caught on tape, or photographed until recently when more people opened their eyes to what the "jolt" had to offer. When the wedding march or other instrumental piece sounds, it is only natural that all eyes crane towards the bride. What will the veil be like? what style of dress is she wearing? what color are her flowers? But what few do is to take a look at the front of the ceremony site- to glance at the groom.
For most, it is the first time he has seen his bride and wife to be. It is the start of the beginning of their lives. A single tear, or a ear to ear smile is all it takes to see the beginning of that joy. I've asked grooms what they remember. Here are some of their statements:

"I'd never smiled so big in my entire life! I couldn't wait to start my life with the worlds most amazing woman!"-Matt, Newark
"My first thought when I saw my bride that morning was “Holy sh*t, she looks freakin’ amazing!” Unfortunately, I think the words that came out were something like: “uhh, I like you…uhh, err…dress..” Not that eloquent, however I think the look on my face (and the look on hers) were all that needed to be spoken."- James, Boston
"When she started to walk down that isle, time froze. She was perfect. The worlds most amazing, talented, loving, and beautiful woman was going to be my wife. I remember wishing time would unfreeze so I could marry her faster, but daring it to stand still so I could remember her that way forever. "- Dan, Manchester


"When I first saw my my bride, I felt a million emotions all rolled into one, but more than anything I felt that I was luckiest man on earth as I watched the most amazing beautiful person I know walk down the aisle to marry me!"-Brandon, Norfolk


Source: andrialindquistblog.com

Via: greenweddingshoes.com
Source: michellenewellphotography.com
Via: msbridalguru.com

xoxo 

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment