Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday Styles

Fashion Trend #3


Illusions of Grandeur

     Along with last week's gorgeously bare backs, this trend was all about creating a magical moment gown with just a little bit of sheer fabric.  Sheer fabrics have added a touch of sexy while still remaining lady-like.  A simple addition that literally looks like nothing, has become a beautiful addition to fronts, backs, overs, and 
unders.  

Claire Pettibone
Monique Lhuillier
 
Marchesa
I love the way layers have been added to create entirely new dresses.  Layers have created sleeves, overlays, and I love the sparkly body veils and detachable skirts give you both the princess and pop star look all in one.  I may have had two dresses, but I didn't have a two-fer like these.  










Thanks to designers like Claire PettiboneJustin Alexander and a personal favorites and Veluz Reyes, intricate bead work has become a walking mural.  A simple satin sheath has turned into a canvas worth of hanging in a museum.  I ever get tired of looking at these artsy, aisle worthy works of art.  I hope this trend never dies!

TTFN
Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment