Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wellness Wednesday


Hello Everyone!  And Welcome to my first of many more to come….. Wellness Wednesday!!!!





First a little bit about me…. I just joined Paisley Events as an Event Coordinator! I come with lots of experience and a great fashion background from my many years of pageantry! I live in CT and would love to speak with you about any special event you may be planning or just to share tips and advice on how to prepare for a special time in your life! I look forward to sharing my thoughts, experience, and of course great tips with you on a weekly basis!

So as most Brides do…. They get engaged…. Excited… Spread the News…. And then…. Panic!!!
“I’m Engaged … Now what?!!?” Let’s talk about the thoughts most brides have at this very moment….  I know from experience and from speaking with many close friends that have gone through this process, they think…. My hair, makeup, nails, skin, dress, and almost all think…. Diet!!! Sure the perfect hair style is key, the makeup must be done to perfection along with the nails, and dress shopping can take forever until you find “the one”.  But has anyone ever really taken the time to think about themselves and what’s truly best for them? 

I have found a sure fire way to create all of these above needs, perfect hair, skin, nails, and weight loss…… Eating Right!! When you fuel your body with the proper nutrition it will work wonders for you! Starving yourself or crash dieting will only hurt  your body and leave you with less energy to exercise or enjoy the events leading up to your big day. I too have fallen victim to crash dieting before a big event or even starving myself for that swimsuit competition, but there’s a much better way to make a change for good! I am not saying go home throw away everything n your fridge, or pantry and run to the local grocery store. I am saying start educating yourself on a healthy lifestyle and what power fruits and vegetables can do to help you to achieve your own personal perfection. 

After doing a lot of research I have found an amazing nutritionist Kimberly Snyder. I ran out and bought her book ( The Beauty Diet Solution ) the day I found her success  stories on the internet. She focuses on healthy living and combining these amazing good organic ingredients from nature into wonderful meals.  When you read about her or even what fruits and vegetables can do for you … You will be amazed and excited! I am not a vegetarian and I cheat as well with chocolate or a cookie, but I know to fuel my body with goodness on a daily basis. Every morning the first thing I do is make my Glowing Green Smoothie. This smoothie contains the vitamins; minerals, amino acids, and fiber to keep unlock energy in your body and stop you from reaching for that starchy bagel. The fact that these ingredients are blended helps your body to process the benefits right away as opposed to trying to break them down and using your energy. 
You’re probably thinking… Ok but it must be gross! That is the exact opposite…. It’s amazing! My boyfriend that is the king of junk food loves this shake. He now drinks it every morning on his way to the office.  I encourage you all to try this smoothie. You will get past the crazy green color I promise! Give your body a little time to accept this change and you will see amazing results in no time at all. When I started drinking these shakes I noticed a major difference in my body in just 1 week. My face cleared and I did not have any blemishes. I noticed my energy level picked up and I did not feel the normal afternoon nap slump. I also realized this smoothie helped me to stop eating the not so healthy breakfast I would usually reach for.  Below I will give you the easy recipe and directions to follow.  I look forward to hearing what you all thought of this wonderful green smoothie and the results you are experiencing.  I will leave you with one thought quoted by the amazing Kimberly Snyder.  

"If we unlock that energy, our bodies will radiate from the inside out."
And her secrets may surprise you. "A lot of people think they're doing right by eating chicken and brown rice, then fruit for dessert," Snyder says. "But eating fruit after protein is like putting a Ferrari behind a Mack Truck on the highway; it causes a traffic jam." Because protein takes a couple of hours to digest, "the fruit will start to ferment and bloat you out. It's a total waste of digestive energy." Kimberly Snyder



Kimberly Snyder’s Glowing Green Smoothie
Ingredients
-1 1/2 cups water

-1 head organic romaine lettuce, chopped
-3-4 stalks organic celery

-1/2 head of a large bunch, or 3/4 of a small bunch of spinach
-1 organic apple, cored and chopped
-1 organic pear, cored and chopped
-1 organic banana

-Juice of 1/2 fresh organic lemon

Optional

-1/3 bunch organic cilantro (stems okay)

-1/3 bunch organic parsley (stems okay)

Directions

Add the water and chopped head of romaine to the blender. Starting the blender at low speed, mix until smoothie. Gradually moving to higher speeds, add the celery, apple and pear. Add the cilantro and parsley, if you are choosing to add them. Add the banana and lemon juice last.
The fruit and lemon cut right though the grass taste. Feel free to mix and match different greens and fruits, as these two specific food groups combine well.
http://lipstickandluxury.com/2012/05/25/the-glowing-green-smoothie-from-the-beauty-detox-solution/



No comments:

Post a Comment