Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wedding Comfort for Brides Who'd Rather Wear Their Sweatpants!

Early last week I had a cozy sort of day.  A snowy sort of day.  A "I'm definitely not changing out of my sweatpants" sort of day.  A "thank goodness I am working from home today" sort of day.

As I sat in my room, watching the snow fall softly and peacefully outside my window, drinking a cup of tea and noshing on pumpkin pie (hurray Thanksgiving leftovers!), a thought occurred to me: 

Why would I ever change out of these sweatpants?

It's a valid question, don't you think?  They're so comfortable!  Why on earth would I take them off?

Time for some truth:  I've never been one of those girls who loves getting dressed up.  As much as I admire those women who take pleasure in putting on beautiful outfits and fixing their hair so that it falls oh so perfectly around their faces, at my core, I am not one of them.  Sure, on occasion I enjoy putting together that perfect outfit for a fun night out, but in general, my heart belongs to jeans, flannels, and enormous shapeless knitted sweaters. 

I have a feeling I can't be the only one out there who bemoans the necessity of changing out of her pajamas every morning, so consider this blog post a shout-out to all my sisters who appreciate the idea of looking "put together," but ultimately just love being comfy in their sweats.

I present to you, some wedding comfort for brides who would rather wear their sweatpants!

1.  Cotton!  It's the fabric of our lives!

Chris Kole's The Cotton Bride has a wide range of all-natural and eco-friendly bridal gowns available in cotton, silk, and linen for the bride that wants to air on the comfy side on the big day.  In addition, all their gowns are handmade in the United States, so if you're thinking about "buying local," this may be a great way of doing that.

Check them out here!

2.  My personal favorite, flannel.

You probably think I'm crazy.  Flannel wedding outfits?  Say it ain't so!  But it is.  It's so!  Fortunately for all my fellow softest-fabric-ever lovers out there, here's a beautiful bride spearheading some super-comfy wedding day flannel.

Photo Credit:  Ciara Richardson.
Source:  Preston Bailey Bride Ideas.

See more lovely photos by Ciara Richardson here, on the Preston Bailey Bride Ideas blog.  What do you think?  Is it the best idea ever?  Or does it just not work for you?

3.  Something comfortable for before the ceremony?  Yes, please!

The folks over at Pretty Plum Sugar have a beautiful line of cotton and silk bride and bridesmaid robes available to be worn before the ceremony, during hair and makeup appointments, or maybe even a few weeks prior to the big day at a bridal party sleepover.  There are a number of different colors and patterns available, so why not match the color of your robe to the color of your ceremony?

Source:  store.plumprettysugar.com

 4.  For vintage clothing lovers.

Feeling a bit Edwardian today?  Check out this incredibly sweet and comfy-looking cotton bridal getup from the early 1900s!  Looks like this dress would be perfect for a spring wedding or beach wedding that's on the more casual side.  Personally, just looking at it makes me want to run happily through a field of daisies.

5.  Shoes (just in case there's absolutely no way to go barefoot on your big day).

Both TOMS and Ugg Australia have a handful of comfortable and cozy looking options as far as footwear for your big day.  Some are classic, some are sparkling, some are lined with shearling.  All of them are quite comfy-looking.

Take a peek here and here!

That's all for now!  Stay cozy and comfortable, everyone!

Be well,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment